To get started finding images that are legal to use, try these sources:
- Image Quest- This subscription database contains over 3 million rights-cleared images. Remember to include the image citation as well.
- Google Advanced Image Search- At the bottom of the search screen, make sure that you change the usage rights to "free to use or share" or one of the other following options.
- Morguefile- These images are uploaded by other users, but all are free to reuse.
- Wikimedia Commons- has many images in the public domain. Usage rights are labeled under each image. Please be sure to check how credit should be given to the owner as it varies.
- Pics4Learning- copyright-friendly photos for education