What did we learn? Here is a little "slice of life" from Durfee Technology Magnet School:
- They are a technology magnet school and each student has his or her own iPad to use throughout the day.
- Students have to apply to go to their school.
- They get out of school in TWO days but begin on August 14.
- They do not have lockers.
- They do not switch teachers for classes. They have to stay with the same teacher all day.
- They live in a city with a population of about 65,000.
- They use iTunes U to watch videos and listen to class content.
- Their teacher uses an online behavior management system called Class Dojo to reward and monitor student behavior.
- Their daily schedule looks very similar to ours.
- They offer similar extracurriculars except for cheerleading, which is not offered to 5th graders here.
You can learn more about a "slice of life" from New London Middle Intermediate School by watching our video. Learn what an average day is like from the eyes of our 5th graders.